Minnesota Youth offers two options for leagues to upload their data to the Connect Platform.
Option 1: Upload your data yourself using the Upload Portal.
Option 2: Prepare your data file and submit a help center ticket to have the Connect Customer Support team complete the upload on your behalf.
This article outlines instructions for Option 1 and explains how to prepare your data and submit it via the Upload Portal. NOTE: If you are planning on option 2, click here for instructions.
- To begin using the State Platform Upload Module, choose Upload from the main navigation.
- Choose Start Upload.
- Download and save the appropriate Excel Template.
- Review the instructions for completing the Excel Template included with the Help Center article.
NOTE: Be sure to confirm you are using the correct template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of Player and Admin data. Only include Player data on the Player Template and Admin data on the Admin Template.
- Remember, no mixing or intermingling of League, Club or Season Data. Individual templates must be completed for each club and season.
- Please do not make any changes to the excel template and follow the instructions. Any modifications or failure to follow formatting instructions can result in an error and the need to redo the Excel Template and begin the upload process again.
- When saving and uploading your Excel Template to the Upload Module, you must be using Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher and save the file as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.
- The Upload Module works in most newer Browser types however, Chrome provides a better user experience and greater functionality.
- Do not include apostrophes ('), trailing spaces, or spaces in blank fields.
- System Hierarchy may vary by organization.
Completing the Excel File
- Open the Player Data Excel Template and complete the necessary information.
- Enter the Player’s Last Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s First Name. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Middle Initial. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Suffix. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Alias. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Gender. Please enter M for male and F for female or B for boy and G for girl. This field is required.
- Enter the Player’s Birthdate (m/dd/yyyy). Birthdate must be a valid date and be formatted correctly (m/dd/yyyy). This field is required.
NOTE: If month is a single digit (i.e. May = 5). Enter as 5 not 05.
- Enter the Player’s Play Level Code. This allows us to know the play level associated with that Player. The Play Level Code will be a letter or number depending on how your organization is configured. This field is required.
You can view these codes by choosing Setup, then choose Config. From the Registration tab and select the sub option Level of Play. Enter the appropriate code in the Excel Template.
- Enter the Player’s home address, city, state and zip code. These fields are required.
NOTE: Address must be a unique address and actual player address. Do not enter the same address for each player or a fictitious address.
When entering Zip Code enter as five digits (92101) or the full 10 digits (92101-5005). Incomplete zip codes will result in an error.
- Enter at least one Parent or Guardian for each player including last name, first name, home phone or cell phone and email address. At least one parent or guardian is required. At least one phone number and email address is also required.
- Enter the Player’s Alternate Player ID. This field allows you to record a Player ID number from a different system. This is not the State Platform Player ID. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Team ID. This is the State Platform Team ID. Teams must already be created in the State Platform. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Team Name. Teams must already be created in the State Platform. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s Alternate Team ID. This field is used to sync rosters with third party applications. This field does not assign players to teams in the State Platform. A State Platform generated Team ID is also required in your template if using this field. This field is optional.
- Enter the Player’s current School Name. This field is optional.
- Choose Save.
- Check your work and confirm all information are entered correctly. Confirm your file is saved in Microsoft Excel 2007 or later as an .XLSX file or .CSV file.
Upload the Excel Template with the Upload Module
- To access the Upload Module, choose Upload from the main navigation in the State Platform.
NOTE: Access to the Upload Module and feature is determined by your system access level. The State will determine access privileges.
- Once you select Upload, you will be taken to the Upload Module home page. Please be patient. Your level of access will determine how quickly the Module loads. Greater access may take longer to load.
- To create a new upload choose Start Upload.
- Choose your League, Club and Season from the pull-down menus. Be sure the options selected match what is entered in your Excel Template.
- Once you have selected your League, Club and Season, you will be taken to Step 2. Choose “I will upload a spreadsheet file with my data.” Then choose FILE to browse your computer for the file you wish to upload and then choose NEXT.
- The next screen, Step 3 will allow you to verify your data before completing the upload. Choose the Data File Type by choosing Player Data by selecting the radio button.
NOTE: Not all users will have the option to choose Admin Data and Player Data. This setting will be determined at the State Level.
Verify that the data is entered correctly and accepted.
- Total indicates how many records you are uploading.
- Incomplete indicates how many records need to be completed.
- Invalid indicates any data rows that need to be fixed before uploading.
- You will also want to verify that the data you are uploading is mapping to the correct fields. If your data is not mapping correctly, you have the option to use the pull-down menu to re-map the data to the correct field by choosing the downward pointing arrow and selecting the correct field.
You also have the option to ignore a field with errors, however, if you choose to ignore a field, no data from that field will be uploaded.
We recommend fixing the excel spreadsheet when errors occur.
- Once you have verified your data, choose NEXT.
- You will be taken to Step 4. In this step you can notify someone that you have uploaded the file.
Choose ADD RECIPIENT, and enter the person’s email address. To add multiples (up to 5) choose ADD RECIPIENT. When done adding notification recipients, choose IMPORT FILE to upload your data.
As the person uploading data, you will receive an email notification when the data is in queue and when it finishes uploading. This email will also include exceptions of data that was not loaded as part of your data file.
NOTE: Some States require data to be submitted to a queue and reviewed and approved by the State office before uploading to the system.
Please contact the state office regarding queue procedures and/or timelines for approvals.
NOTE: Files with multiple records may take longer to upload. Please be patient and allow the data to upload.
- When your File has been successfully placed in queue, you will be taken to Step 5 and have the option to upload another file. To upload another file, choose UPLOAD ANOTHER FILE.
As the person uploading data, you will receive an email notification when the data is in queue and when it finishes uploading.
View Upload History
- You may view a history of files previously uploaded by choosing Upload from the State Platform main navigation. Once the Upload Module page loads, choose VIEW HISTORY.
NOTE: Not all users will see the Pending Jobs option. This is limited to the State office or designated data approvers.
- Choose the League and Club you wish to view the history for by using the drop-down menus.
- Your History will load and you will be able to view the uploads completed and the status of those uploads.
- To view records created by name, choose Report. A pop-up window will open to show the data. You will have the option to view on the screen or download and save as an Excel or .CSV file.