To ensure player safety and in response to recently passed legislation, all administrators, coaches, referees and team staff are required to complete a Concussion Awareness and a SafeSport Training course.
Upon completion of both courses, all administrators, coaches, referees and team staff will upload a certificate of completion for each course to their user profile in the Affinity Sports State Platform. These certificates will then be verified by the registrar before an admin can be rostered to a team.
Uploading a Certificate to an Admin’s profile
In some instances, the registrar may need to upload a certificate of completion to an admin’s profile in the Affinity Sports State platform.
- To upload a certificate of completion on behalf of an admin, choose Players/Admin and Admin Lookup from the main navigation.
- Select the filters you would like to use and choose Search.
- A list of admins based on your criteria displays.
- Click on the admin name to display their profile.
- Navigate to the Administrator Information tab and click on the Upload Certificate icon.
- Once the Click to Upload Certificate icon is selected, a pop-up window will display.
- This window will give you the option to search for and choose a Concussion or SafeSport certificate of completion from your computer by selecting Choose File.
- Once your certificate is selected, it will display and you will have the option to resize the image by choosing the resize option. You will also have the option to crop your certificate as needed.
- Choose Upload image once complete.
- Choose Update in the bottom corner of the user’s profile screen to save your file.
Verifying a Certificate of Completion
As a Registrar, you are responsible for verifying that Administrators, Coaches, Referees, and Adult volunteers have uploaded a copy of their completed Certificate to their user profile.
- Choose Players/Admin and Admin Lookup from the main navigation.
- Select any filters and choose Search to locate the Administrator in which you want to verify a certificate.
NOTE: We recommend using the filter of Pending All Applications to find new admin applications that need to be rostered.
- The list of admins matching the criteria will display.
- Click on the Admin’s name to display their profile.
- Click to the Administrator Info tab.
- In the upper left of the Admin’s profile, you will see a scroll bar below the Admin’s photo.
- Scroll right by clicking on the right arrow in the scroll box until you can see the Concussion or SafeSport Certificate of Completion.
- Click on the image to display and review a larger copy of the certificate.
- Once verified, choose the Concussion Certificate or SafeSport Training Certificate verified checkbox and choose Update.